Record video call with audio
Have you ever wanted to save those hilarious moments or crucial discussions during your video calls? Wouldn't it be great to capture and revisit these experiences?
In this post, we'll delve into various ways teens can record video calls, not just on FaceTime, but also using other platforms like riverside.fm and weCall.
It's worth noting that the current iOS recording function doesn't support audio recording for FaceTime calls. So, we need to explore alternatives that do. Let's dive in!
weCall: Your New Go-To for Video Call Recording
What is weCall?
weCall is a fresh app where you can record audio and video during calls, allowing you to capture the whole experience. It even supports multi-camera video calls, using both the front and back camera at the same time.
So you can describe weCall as "FaceTime meets BeReal."
Recording Video Calls with Audio on weCall
Here's how to record a video call on weCall:
- Invite your friend to join you on the app.
- Add their phone number on your contact list if you don't already have it (similar to FaceTime and WhatsApp).
- Start a Video Call.
- Navigate to the recording page to start recording.
- Get consent from the other person before you start recording.
- After your call, check out your recorded video.
Record Video Calls on riverside.fm
What is Riverside.fm
Riverside.fm is another awesome platform to consider for video call recording. Used by many podcasters and content creators, it offers high-quality video and audio recording which you can easily edit and share later.
Recording Video Calls with Audio on RiverSide.fm
Here's how to record a video call on riverside.fm:
- Visit the riverside.fm website and create an account.
- Subscribe $15 per month
- Start a new recording session and invite your friend by sharing the session link.
- Before you start recording, make sure you both have a good internet connection.
- Click the 'Start Recording' button.
- Once you're done, click 'Stop Recording'. Your recording will be saved in your riverside.fm account.
Remember, whether you're using weCall, riverside.fm, or any other platform, always respect the other person's privacy. Obtain their consent before you start recording the call.
Record FaceTime Calls Without External Audio
If you don't need to record both voices, you can use the iOS built-in screen recording function while having a video call on FaceTime.
- Open "Settings" on your iOS device and tap on "Control Center."
- Select "Customize Controls" and locate "Screen Recording" under the "More Controls" section. Tap the green plus (+) icon next to it to add it to your Control Center.
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen (on iPhone X or later) or swipe up from the bottom of the screen (on older iPhones and iPads) to access the Control Center.
- Tap the "Record" button. You might need to press and hold the record button and select "Microphone Audio" to record your voice as well. Start your FaceTime call and tap the red status bar at the top of your screen, then select "Start Recording."
- To stop recording, tap the red status bar again and choose "Stop."
Record video call with audio on Zoom
What is Zoom
Zoom is an incredibly popular video conferencing tool used worldwide, known for its user-friendly interface and reliable features. Among its many features, Zoom offers recording capabilities, making it another viable option for recording your video calls.
Recording on Zoom
Zoom's recording function allows you to save your video calls directly to your device or to the cloud (available with a paid subscription). Here's how to do it:
- Begin your Zoom meeting as usual.
- Subscribe zoom
- Locate the toolbar usually at the bottom of the meeting screen. Click the "Record" button.
- You'll have two options, "Record on this Computer" or "Record to the Cloud." Choose your preferred option.
- Once your meeting is over, or you choose to stop recording (click "Stop Recording"), Zoom will convert the recording and save it in the location you've specified.
Respect Privacy and Consent
Before recording any video call, it's essential to gain the consent of everyone involved. Recording without knowledge and approval could violate privacy laws and ethical standards. So, always inform everyone about your intention to record and respect their decision if they opt out.
Whether you're using the built-in screen recording function, third-party apps like weCall or riverside.fm, or other methods, always prioritize the privacy and consent of all participants. This way, you can capture and relive those memorable moments while respecting everyone's privacy.
weCall and zoom has option to ask consent, so all you need is to get their acceptance.
Record video call with audio
Recording video calls on platforms like weCall or FaceTime can be a fantastic way to hold onto cherished moments, document key conversations, or review chats for numerous purposes. Regardless of whether you're using the built-in screen recording feature, a third-party app, or different recording devices, it's essential to uphold legal and ethical standards by securing consent from all participants involved.
By adhering to these principles, you can reap the rewards of recording your video calls while still maintaining the privacy and rights of all parties.
So, don't hold back! Start recording those noteworthy chats and create lasting memories!